Saturday, July 04, 2009

Luthrie Village Art Exhibtion

Luthrie village Hall North Fife. Today there was an exhibition of artworks by members of The Artists' Workshop who meet on Friday each week to create and support each other with comment. Eight of whom hung framed works. I was delighted to meet neighbours and artists and indulge in the refreshments of equally creative mouth watering cakes.

There were many competent works, I particularly liked the atmospheric paintings by E Heeley.


Artists, workshop exhibition Luthrie North Fife.

1 comment:

Penny Ashenhurst said...

My Dad was in the RAF and we lived in the Old Station House in Luthrie from Autumn 1966 until November 1967, when we moved to Cupar. I went to the village school and well recall attending events in this village Hall.. all of 42 years ago. I remember Mr Arbuckle owned the farm, and there were Raffertys and Rileys in the village I think. The farm opposite our house, Kinsleith, was run by the Fergusons, and their daughter Inez was in my year at school, and we met up again at secondary school in Cupar in 1970. I still drive by on my way to visit family in Dundee, on my way from Wales where I now live. Happy Days playing on the old disused railway ...