Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Late Spring Flowers June 16th

Low water at Newburgh North Fife June 16th. This view was about an hour later than absolute low tide, the rise and fall being 3.8 metres. My eyes were mostly on the roadside flowers but it's hard to ignore the River Tay.

Some of my garden is much like a meadow with a variety of wild spring flower incomers.

Marguerites amid hedge parsley.

Buttercups.

Comfrey, very prolific which we use as a plant feed, composted or fermented.

Pink Poppy, these poppies self seed coming up sometimes white, red and pink.

Along the way into Newburgh the roadside is hedged with wild roses, pink, white and red.









At the end of my drive to Newburgh I noticed this wonderful wasp on the windscreen wiper. I think it's a wood wasp.

1 comment:

Ann Flowers said...

Very Beautiful. A walk around your garden could get you into a very nice frame of mind!