Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ballinbreich Castle March 2010

Ballinbreich Castle as viewed from the road to Newburgh North Fife. A friend has lent me a shot of a Sigma lens, much longer than my normal for the Nikon D90. Hand held in relatively low light conditions. I'm needing a longer lens and it's becoming a question of taste and see. I see the this castle every day and find it hard to resist
recording it.

Newburgh as seen half a mile further along the road this morning. Same lens. It makes a change to have a different perspective.

Mugdrum Island off Newburgh last night on my way home. I liked the light.

Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG Macro For Nikon Digital & Film Cameras. This is the lens I've just started using, so far I'm really tempted to buy for my own use.
Technical Details

* An excellent budget priced tele-zoom for film and digital SLR cameras
* Versatile zoom for sport, portraiture and nature photography
* Low dispersion glass element for effective control of colour abberations
* Multi layer coating optimises quality for digital photography
* Maximum magnification 1:2 in macro mode at 300mm
Manufacturer's Description
This lens has a 1:2 maximum close-up magnification at the 300mm focal length. Excellent performance telephoto zoom lens for digital and 35mm SLR cameras. It also has a switch for changeover to macro photography at focal lengths between 200mm and 300mm. The minimum focusing distance is 1.5m (59.1 inches) at all zoom settings. We used SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass in this lens for excellent correction of chromatic aberration. It is effectively corrected for fluctuation of aberration due to focusing. Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG Macro For Nikon Digital & Film Cameras

No comments: